You must hold insurance for medical expenses when you join Flying Fish outside your home country, including cover for your sports activities.
Cancellation or loss
We recommend that all customers have insurance in place to cover their fees in case of unavoidable cancellation, and for personal belongings in case of loss or damage.
Taking out your own insurance
If you arrange your own insurance, please make sure you are covered for all the activities you will take part in with Flying Fish.
You must provide us with details of your insurance before you join Flying Fish outside your home country.
Uninsured cancellation or curtailment
If you cancel or curtail in circumstances that are unavoidable but not insured, we shall do all we can to help you to continue at a later date.
Although we cannot make a refund, where possible we shall invite you to return to complete your course or event in the future at a reduced cost.
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
For information on the EHIC see our European Health Insurance Card section.
Divemasters and dive instructors need professional liability cover to work in Australia and many other places.
Get information on professional liability insurance from Dive Master Insurance for dive professionals.
If you would like to speak to a training adviser to discuss any aspect of travel insurance send a message to Flying Fish.
Search our courses and events worldwide
It is essential that you take out adequate insurance for your trip. Flying Fish, in partnership with Endsleigh in the United Kingdom, offers invaluable cover for trips around the world. Cover includes cancellation and curtailment of the trip due to accident, illness or sickness; the cost of any repatriation back to your home country following a medical emergency. Additionally cover for over 90 sports and activities are included as standard under this policy and full details are available within the activity guide lists found in the policy documents.
1. Your Policy Cover
Cancellation or Curtailment Charges £5,000
Emergency Medical & Other Expenses £10,000,000
Personal Accident £30,000
Personal Money £500
Personal Liability £2,000,000
Missed Departure £500
Overseas Legal Expenses £50,000
NB: All premiums shown are inclusive of UK Insurance Premium Tax at the current rate
* Please note this premium is based on the details currently provided and is subject to change.
** You must be aged under 74 years old at the time of departure.
- The first £50 of each and every claim per incident claimed for by each insured person except for claims under personal liability, personal accident and legal expenses where no excess applies.
- This policy is not available to anyone aged 74 or over.
Cancellation or curtailment charges
- Any circumstances known prior to booking the trip that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim.
Emergency medical and other expenses
- Treatment or surgery which in the opinion of the medical practitioner in attendance can wait until your return home. • Medication, which prior to departure is known to be required.
Baggage & Personal money, passport and documents
- Valuables left unattended at any time unless in a safety deposit box or in your locked accommodation.
- Baggage contained in an unattended motor vehicle overnight between - 9 p.m. and 9 am (local time) OR 9 a.m. and 9 p.m (local time) unless it is in the locked boot which is separate from the passenger compartment for those vehicles with a boot, or for those vehicles without a separate boot locked in the vehicle and covered from view.
- Personal money or your passport left unattended at any time unless in a hotel safe, safety deposit box or in your locked accommodation
2. Important Information
Endsleigh will share the personal details you provide with AXA Travel Insurance (ATI) , a member of the ATI Assistance Group. To administer your policy ATI will hold and use information about you supplied by you (and by medical providers). ATI may send it in confidence for processing to other companies in the ATI group (or companies acting on ATI's instructions), including those located outside the European Economic Area.
It is Endsleigh's policy to take all necessary steps to ensure that your personal data held is processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act").
We may wish to contact you from time to time by telephone, e-mail or post about other products and services that may be of interest to you. If at any time you do not wish to receive this information then please write to Endsleigh's Group Data Protection Officer at Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited, Shurdington Road, Cheltenham, Glos GL51 4UE, United Kingdom. Under the Act, as a data subject, you are granted certain rights. If you would like to know what information we hold about you. You can write to us as above. We may charge you a statutory administration fee to comply with your request. Should you have any other queries in connection with data protection then please contact Endsleigh's Group Data Protection Officer as above.
We aim to provide a high level of service and pay claims fairly and promptly under the terms of your Travel Insurance Policy. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, please contact, in the first instance the person who originally dealt with your enquiry. Alternatively you can contact us by: Telephone: UK 0800 085 8698 Post: Customer Liaison Department, Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited, Shurdington Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE, United Kingdom.
You may at any time contact the Head of Customer Care at AXA Travel Insurance at The Quadrangle, 106-118 Station Road, Redhill, RH1 1PR, United Kingdom. If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to ask the Financial Ombudsman to review your case. The Ombudsman can be contacted at the following address: The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR, United Kingdom. Contacting the Ombudsman will not affect your right to take legal action against us.
What if I change my mind?
You can cancel your policy at any time. We will refund your premium less a charge for the time you have been insured, provided you have not travelled or your policy has not been terminated following a claim, in which case no refund will be due. A £20 cancellation fee will be deducted from any refund due.
3. Eligibility Statements
You and anyone named on the policy must be:
- Registered under the healthcare system in your home country.
- Travelling from and returning to your home country.
You agree that this proposal is for insurance in the normal terms and conditions of the insurer's policy and shall be incorporated in and form the basis of the contract.
This policy is not available to anyone aged 74 or over. If any member of the travelling party is 74 years or over we are unable to provide you with a quote or policy. However, if you would like to contact BIBA on UK 0870 950 1790 (Open 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday) or at http://www.biba.org.uk/ConsumerHome.aspx they hold a list of insurers who may be able to assist you.
Important conditions relating to health
You must comply with the following conditions to have full protection of your policy. If you do not comply your policy may be cancelled or a claim may be refused or the amount of any claim payment reduced.
It is a condition of this policy that you will not be covered under section 1 – Cancellation or curtailment charges, section 2 – Emergency medical and section 3 – Personal accident for any claims arising directly or indirectly from:
A. At the time of taking out this policy:
1. Any medical condition you have or have had for which:
a) symptoms or diagnosis has occurred within the last 12 months or
b) There has been a change in treatment (including medication, dosage, surgery, tests, investigations or diet) in the last 12 months.
2. Any medical condition where you, a close relative* or a close business associate**:
a) Are waiting for an operation, hospital consultation (other than for regular checkups), or other hospital treatment or investigation.
b) Have within the last 6 months, been seen by a specialist (other than for regular checkups), had an operation or other hospital treatment or investigation.
c) Have received a terminal prognosis.
3. Any circumstances you are aware of that could reasonably be expected to give rise to a claim on this policy.
B. At any time:
1. Any medical condition you have in respect of which you are travelling against medical advice or for which you are travelling to obtain medical treatment abroad.
2. Any medical condition for which you are not taking the recommended treatment or prescribed medication as directed by a medical practitioner.
3. Your travel against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or other public transport provider.
You have read and agreed to these important conditions relating to the terms and conditions of Flying Fish and those that relate to your health. If you do not do so, your insurance cover may not protect you in the event of a claim.
* Close relative – means mother, father, sister, brother, wife, husband, daughter, son, grandparent, grandchild, parent-in -law, son-in-law, daughter -in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in law, step parent, step child, step sister, step brother, foster child, legal guardian, partner or fiancé fiancée.
** Close business associate -Means any person whose absence from business for one or more complete days at the same time as your absence prevents the proper continuation of that business.
Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting their website at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmSearchForm.do. Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited. Company No: 856706 registered in England at Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE, United Kingdom