This six week RYA Dinghy Instructors course combines intensive skills coaching on the water with theory training in class to develop your background knowledge and instructional skills. This comprehensive course will teach you all you need to know to be a competent instructor leading to the RYA Dinghy instructor qualification, preparing you for work as a professional or club Dinghy instructor
All Flying Fish Dinghy Instructor courses are based at Club Vass and Wind Wind in Vasaliki, Greece arguably one of the best water sports location in the Europe. With such fantastic conditions you will improve quickly and you find you soon feel comfortable in performance dinghies
We fly you to Greece, check you into our accommodation, the Fish House, introduce you to the lovely town of Vassiliki and allow you to settle in before training begins the following day. Our schedule has you training 6 days a week, in the mornings you have the opportunity to join guided mountain bike rides, Stand up Paddleboarding (SUP), go for a swim or relax in the club before training begins
Life off the water is just as exciting as life on. When the sun goes down Vassiliki then comes alive, the Club Vass and Wildwind BBQ’s and entertainment shows are legendary. The whole of Vassiliki is in holiday mode during the summer months and with so many bars and Terverna’s to choose from you will have a fantastic night out with likeminded people
Our instructors are all professional windsurfers and Dinghy instructors, very experienced, and passionate about their sport.
Customers have such a fantastic time that many don’t come home, instead spend the season in Greece Windsurfing or working as an instructor for one of the holiday companies who provide Watersports holidays in the beautiful Greek Islands
We recommend for anybody who is looking to work as an instructor after Flying Fish to join our Instructor Development programme, two weeks of organised work experience with a Watersports Centre in Vassiliki.
- Flying Fish Team Branded Rash Vest
- All RYA Publications and Certificates
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and Rescue Training
- RYA First Aid training with scenarios
- Full tuition up to Advanced level from our highly experienced team
- Use of High performance sailing boats and Catamaran
- Fitness training using Paddle boards and Mountain Bikes
- Opportunities to gain work experience
Dates & pricing
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
There are no formal pre-course requirements, just a desire to be on the water! You must be 18 years of age to train with Flying Fish. If you are 17 years of age, you are able to join the course under parental supervision. Please note that you need to complete the online RYA “Safe and Fun” course before you take your instructor assessment. As an instructor you are required to be an RYA member.
Weeks 1 and 2
- Learn to sail, we teach you how to sail a dinghy on your own or as part of a crew. You will learn how to sail effectively, and develop those all important seamanship and racing skills
- Theory, weather, tides, rules of sailing, equipment, rigging and de-rigging and that all important – boat maintenance.
- Each afternoon when the wind increases you will get to experience sailing on high performance dinghies using spinnakers with one of out expert instructors
- By the end of the two weeks you will be at RYA level 3 standard
Weeks 3 and 4
- RYA Powerboat level 2 and Rescue Training
- RYA First Aid Training
- Personal sailing tuition from Intermediate to Advanced Level
- Sailing Instructor Skill development
- Sail away Trips
- Video Coaching
- High Wind Blasting
- Racing and Race Coaching
- Instructor Preparation week
- Learning styles and teaching skills
- Practice presentations and feedback
- Delivery experience
- Close quarters sailing and boat handling
- Instructor assessment week, all students will be given the opportunity to deliver sessions with feedback. After this week Students will be competent delivering all components of the RYA teaching syllabus.
After this course you will qualify for our two week Professional instructor Development Course.
Or stay in Vassiliki, make yourself twice as employable.