If you love the idea of blasting around on a Jet Ski and want to learn more then our one day Personal Watercraft course will give you the skills you need to have fun on the water while operating the Jet Ski safely.
Whether you are going on holiday and would like to hire a Jet Ski, are thinking of buying one or considering a career on a Superyacht then you will benefit from a day on the water to learn the basics and how to drive a Jet Ski safely. These one, two or three person ski’s are great fun but they can be a handful if you are not aware of the basics.
If you are planning a holiday the PWC qualification is often a prerequisite to hiring a Jet Ski. If purchasing then having training and a qualification often helps reduce your insurance premium. Having the PWC qualification allows you to apply for an International Certificate of Competence (ICC) which provides proof of competence to overseas authorities when hiring a Jet Ski abroad.
The RYA personal Watercraft course is included as part of our Superyacht Deckhand and Steward/ess programmes, having the qualification allows you to drive the Jet Skis which are often found onboard a luxury yacht.
- Dry skit and boots
- All safety equipment
- RYA PWC book and certification
Dates & pricing
|21/07/2018||21/07/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|23/07/2018||23/07/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
No experience is required just a love for the water. Available for customers over 16 years old
The course starts at 9:00am to finish around 5:00pm. During the day you will cover the following skills:
- Introduction to the jet-ski, types and how they work
- Personal clothing and buoyancy aids
- Safety checks, kill cords and using VHF radio
- Launching and recovering
- Slow speed maneuvering, berthing
- Weather forecasts and essential navigation
- Rules of the road and collision avoidance
- How to use the ski at high speed including Man overboard techniques
- Anchoring, beach landing and towing
- Care and maintenance of you Jet-ski
Learn how to use the marine VHF radio with our one day classroom based course