If you love the idea of blasting around on a Jet Ski and want to learn more, then our one-day Personal Watercraft Course will give you the skills you need to have fun on the water while operating the Jet Ski safely.
Whether you are going on holiday and would like to hire a Jet Ski, are thinking of buying one then you will benefit from a day on the water to learn the basics and how to drive a Jet Ski safely. A one, two or three person skis are great fun but they can be a handful if you are not aware of the basics. Furthermore, getting a qualification often helps reduce your insurance premium.
If you are planning a summer holiday, the PWC qualification is often a pre-requisite to hiring a Jet Ski. Having the PWC qualification allows you to apply for an International Certificate of Competence (ICC) which provides proof of competence to overseas authorities when hiring a Jet Ski abroad.
The RYA Personal Watercraft Course is required if working onboard a Superyacht. This course forms part of our Superyacht Deckhand and Steward/ess programmes, having the qualification allows you to drive the Jet Skis which are often found onboard a luxury yacht.
- Drysuit and boots (winter)
- Wetsuits (summer)
- All safety equipment
- RYA PWC book and certification
Dates & pricing
Sorry, there are currently no dates scheduled for this course.
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
No experience is required, just a love for the water. Available for customers over 16 years old.
The course starts at 9:00am and finishes around 5:00pm. During the day you will cover the following skills:
- Introduction to the Jet Ski, types and how they work
- Personal clothing and buoyancy aids
- Safety checks, kill cords and using VHF radio
- Launching and recovering
- Slow speed manoeuvring, berthing
- Weather forecasts and essential navigation
- Rules of the road and collision avoidance
- How to use the ski at high speed including man overboard techniques
- Anchoring, beach landing and towing
- Care and maintenance of you Jet Ski
Learn how to use the marine VHF radio with our one-day classroom based course.