The Steward or Stewardess is on the frontline when it comes to delivering outstanding service to guests and owners. Having a full understanding of your role and the confidence in delivering that unique experience on-board requires special skills and a lot of practice.
This course is suitable if you already hold your STCW Basic Safety Training certificates and are looking for some additional knowledge and training on the role of a Steward or Stewardess.
At Flying Fish you will get that practical experience and confidence you need to work as a Steward or Stewardess from one of our industry experts who will teach you all you need to know about the interior in just one week. Working on-board a luxury yacht requires attention to detail and being able to work as part of a small team or on your own. As a stewardess you will gain a specific set of skills that interior crew will learn to perfect to a very high standard.
This one-week Interior Course is part of our two-week Superyacht Stewardess Course. You will learn everything about life on-board, silver service, how to make good coffee, arrange flowers, as well as organise and deliver a cocktail party.
To work on-board a large yacht you are required to hold your STCW qualifications. If you don’t have your STCW basic safety training certificates yet then consider joining our Superyacht Steward and Stewardess Course.
New for 2018
We now include the Personal Watercraft (Jet Ski) within our two-week Superyacht Stewardess Course. If your first job is on a smaller yacht then having a PWC qualification will allow you to drive the Jet Ski’s on-board.
- One week Superyacht Essentials Course.
- CIEH Level 2 Food and Hygiene Course.
- Certification and course notes.
- Recruitment day in Antibes.
Dates & pricing
|20/08/2018||24/08/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|10/09/2018||14/09/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|01/10/2018||05/10/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|29/10/2018||02/11/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|26/11/2018||30/11/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
You must be 18 years old to train with Flying Fish.
The course is suitable if you already have your STCW Basic Safety qualifications and are looking to work as a Steward or Stewardess on a superyacht. To work on a Superyacht you will need to complete an ENG1 Medical to say that you are fit to work at sea. We recommend you complete your ENG1 before you start your course. You will require STCW Basic Safety Training qualifications before applying for your first job.
Day 1 – Induction day
- CV day, we help you prepare your CV, look at contracts, recruitment agents, interview techniques, dock walking and top tips from our industry experts.
- One on one interviews with your instructor to help you prepare for that first interview.
- Food Hygiene Course.
- An intro to working on-board a superyacht from our Chief Stew. You will learn your role as a Steward/ess and the role of others on-board as well as terminology, crew etiquette, phases of a superyacht, watch systems and the difference between private or charter.
- Flower arranging, styles and techniques.
- Wine tasting course to improve your knowledge of wines and spirits and associated foods.
- House keeping, laundry, products used, cabin detailing, bed making, turndowns, night service. We teach this all at a 5-star luxury hotel.
- Barista and cocktail training.
- Silver service training for breakfast, lunch and dinner with hands on practice. You will see the different styles of service required on-board.
- Host a cocktail party for VIP guests to put into practice what you have learnt on day 2 and 3.
- Toiletries, luggage packing and Butler style service for guests and owners.
Optional add-ons to your course:
Radio operator – 1 Day
RYA Radio VHF Short Range Certificate (GMDSS/DSC) teaches you marine radio techniques and emergency procedures.
RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course – 2 Days
This course is a legal requirement for crew who need to drive the yacht tender. You will be on the water in one of our RIBs focusing on slow speed manoeuvres plus theory knowledge needed to drive the yacht tender.
PWC (Jet Ski) Course – 1 Day
This practical, exciting course will teach you all there is to know about the Jet Ski and how to use one safely. Jet Skis are often found on luxury yachts and it’s the crews job to know how to use these toys!
Continue your journey to becoming a Steward or Stewardess on a superyacht with one of these courses.