Funding your new career
Most people starting a new career with Flying Fish choose to pay for their training upfront. However, a growing number of customers funding a new career want the option to spread the course fees giving your wallet a bit of breathing space.
How does it work?
Applying for finance is a simple process.
- Give us a call on +44 01983280641 or contact us via our website
- We will talk through the options, and if finance is the right option for you, we will send you an application form. All finance applications are completed online, and decisions are usually instant.
- If approved we will ask for a minimum of 10% deposit to secure your place on the Deckhand or Steward/ess course.
Our finance package allows you to pay back your course fees over a 12 month period with your first payment taken one month from the start of your course. The loan is interest-free, with fixed monthly repayments so you can keep control of your outgoings.
Who can apply for Finance?
When submitting a finance application, details matters. Before applying please make sure you have read the information below.
- Details entered
All details entered during the application process must be personal to the applicant. E.g. personal email address, phone number. Do not use a work email or contact number.
- Enter your full name
Your personal details entered into the application must match your ID. No abbreviations
- Your age
You are at least 18 years old.
- Employment income
Ensure gross annual income is entered not your weekly/monthly income. If full/part-time employment (minimum 16 hours per week). Your annual earnings are over £10,000 per year.
- Address – important
You are a permanent UK resident and have lived in the UK for at least 3 years. Make sure you enter the address printed on your ID (passport or driving license). This will be the same address that you are registered to vote. Some people may have moved around a bit, you may have just moved into a new property, if this address is added you may be declined finance.
- Bank account
You need to have a UK bank account that can accept direct debits
- Credit check
By submitting an application from for approval, our finance partner will run a credit check on you. Flying Fish do not have any access to your financial data.
Credit check takes place using TransUnion, you can check your credit report held with them via creditkarma.co.uk
Your application will be assessed based on various factors including eligibility, credit history, and affordability, and Duologi will let you know the outcome of their decision in just a few seconds. Please ensure you input the correct information when applying for finance with Duologi as this can impact the decision. It is also important to know that when applying for finance a hard credit check is made and this is recorded on your credit file.
Examples of input errors to avoid:
- All details entered during the application process must be personal to the applicant. E.g., personal email address and mobile number. Do not use a work email or contact number.
- Ensure gross annual income is entered only for the person applying
- Ensure you are entering sufficient address history, do not round up the time at an address as this will result in a mismatch against what a credit bureau has and may result in a declined application.
- In some circumstance’s individuals are registered against a main residence address even though they move around, such as in the Army, or for students in a university, etc. In these instances, do not forget to add your main residence address to the application so we can pull an accurate credit profile to base our decision on. Enter the address where are you registered to vote, where you have most of your credit registered. This should help us pull the correct credit profile and make an informed decision on your application.
Please note, you can only apply for finance within 120 days of the start date of your course.
Yes. There are no set-up fees, no catches
Payments are via direct debit, with the first payment is taken 30 days after your course starts.
Yes. If your financial position changes then you are able to pay off the loan in full at any time.
Finance is available for our Superyacht Steward/ess and Deckhand courses.
You have the right to withdraw from the finance arrangement within 14 days after you have signed the agreement.
You spoke, we listened. Our customers have been asking if there is “another way to pay”. Flying Fish wants to offer our customers not only a fantastic training package but the ability to choose how to pay. Finance is not for everybody, only enter into an agreement if you are able to pay back the loan.
Finance is provided by our partner Duologi. Duologi is a trading name of Specialist Lending ltd which is a limited company registered in the UK. Registered address 10 Bressenden Place, London, SE1E 5 DH, UK. Authorized and regulated by the Financial and conduct Authority under number 774712