Our Beginner to Intermediate Instructor course first takes you to Start Windsurfing Instructor windsurfing, you then gain teaching experience before completing RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor. You will leave a confident Windsurfing Instructor with the knowledge to teach the high wind techniques opening up more employment opportunities.
The RYA Intermediate Instructor qualification is split into two separate competencies, non-planing or planing Instructor. As an intermediate non-planing Instructor you are able to teach all the skills within the RYA Intermediate windsurfing scheme including beach starts and non-planing carve gybe.
To progress to an RYA Intermediate planing Instructor your personal skills will need to be at RYA Advanced level and demonstrate you can complete a planing carve gybe. The conditions in Vassiliki are exceptional and for many customers it is possible to get achieve the planing carve gybe and be signed off as an RYA Intermediate planing Instructor in 10 weeks.
The RYA Intermediate Instructor qualification is the pre-requisite to the RYA Windfoil Instructor course.
Why Flying Fish
All Flying Fish windsurfing training courses are based at Club Vass in Vassiliki, Greece. With such fantastic conditions and brand new equipment, you will improve beyond the level required to become a Start Windsurf Instructor – very soon you will be able to become an Intermediate Instructor.
We fly you to Greece, check you into our accommodation the Fish House , introduce you to the lovely town of Vassiliki and allow you to settle in before training begins the following day.
Our instructors are all professional windsurfers, who are very experienced and passionate about their sport.
Our graduate instructors have such a fantastic time that many don’t come home, instead they spend the rest of the season in Greece working for one of the holiday companies in the beautiful Greek Islands.
- Flying Fish Team Branded Rash Vest.
- All RYA Publications and Certificates.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and Rescue Training.
- RYA First Aid Training with Scenarios.
- RYA Safe and Fun Course.
- RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor Course.
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor Course.
- Full tuition up to Advanced level from our highly experienced team.
- Unlimited Kit Hire at CLUB VASSILIKI Windsurfing using brand new boards and sails.
- Fitness training including, SUP, Swim, Yoga and Mountain bike options.
- Mentored work experience in order to get work experience.
Dates & pricing
£1,500Self-catering accommodation (shared room)
£2,250Self-catering accommodation (own room)
£600Return flights from London (includes overseas transfers)
£580Return flights from Manchester (includes overseas transfers)
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
You just need to have done enough windsurfing to know that you want to be able to teach it to a high level.
- You need to be 18 years old or over to join this course. We will accept customers aged 17 years old however, we require a Parent or Guardian to act as parent or guardian in resort for the duration.
- Before the final week of your course, you will need to join the RYA.
Our schedule has you training 6 days a week. In the mornings, you have the opportunity to join guided mountain bike rides, Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP), go for a swim, or relax in the club before training begins at 10 am, finishing around 5 pm. The beach does not close until 7 pm so you can windsurf until the sun goes down or chill at the beach bar with a well earned beer!
Weeks 1 and 2: Learning the basics
- All the skills and theory required to get you to RYA Intermediate standard.
- Windsurfing upwind and downwind.
- Sail away trips.
- Harnessing in strong winds.
- Video Coaching.
Weeks 3 and 4: Skills Development
- RYA Powerboat and Rescue Training.
- RYA First Aid Training.
- Personal Windsurf tuition from Intermediate to Advanced level.
- Water start and Carve gybe training.
- Sail away trips.
- High wind blasting.
- Optional fitness sessions.
Week 5: Instructor Preparation
- RYA Safety and Fun course.
- Demo Skills (the power of the demo).
- Learning styles and teaching skills.
- Practice presentations, pre course questionnaires and feedback.
- Close quarters board handling and instructor skills.
Week 6: Start Windsurfing Instructor Assessment Week
All students will be given the opportunity to deliver presentations and practical sessions with feedback. After this week, you will be competent delivering all components of the RYA teaching syllabus.
Weeks 7 – 9: Mentored work experience
Three week module (tailored to the individual requirements) designed to gain the 50 hours of teaching experience at one of the water sports centered in Vassiliki to build skills required . You will also get the opportunity to improve your personal sailing skills in preparation for the Intermediate Instructors course
Week 10: RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor Course
During this week, you will learn all of the skills and theory to deliver the RYA Intermediate teaching Syllabus. There will be large amounts of high wind windsurfing, spaced with essential theory and video coaching.
Customers also looked at these options