If you’ve always wanted to learn to Scuba Dive then the PADI Open Water course is the perfect introduction to the underwater world and a great way to begin exploring what lies beneath.
This programme is ideal if you are considering taking part in professional diver training. The course is equally suitable if you are just looking for an active holiday and an introduction to the underwater world.
During your first week you will learn the basics of diving and dive equipment, initially in confined water and then make your first dives in the sea. Having gained the PADI Open Water certification, you join the Advanced Open Water course which builds on your skills and increases your confidence. You will take part in five “Adventure” dives.
The Deep Adventure Dive and Underwater Navigator are compulsory and for the other three you can choose from a long list of options such as Fish identification, Wreck diver or Peak Performance Buoyancy.
If you are treating this programme just as a holiday, once you have your Open Water qualification you set the pace. The modular nature of the Advanced course allows you to push yourself hard, take it slowly or even just chill out on the beach! The choice is yours.
The Course is based in the world class resort of Vassiliki with the professional trainees on our windsurfing and dinghy sailing instructor programme.
As a break from diving you’ll also find Yoga, SUP, mountain-biking, dinghy sailing and world-class windsurfing here.
- Flying Fish Branded Rash Vest
- All dive equipment including airfills, tuition, publications and PADI fees
- PADI Open Water Diver – Qualifies you to dive up to 18m with a Buddy
- PADI Advanced Open Water – Qualifies you to dive up to 30m with a buddy.
- 13 dives logged
Dates & pricing
|28/07/2019||11/08/2019||Vassiliki, Greece||2 Spaces left|
£300Self-catering accommodation (shared room)
£450Self-catering accommodation (own room)
£600Return flights from London (includes overseas transfers)
£580Return flights from Manchester (includes overseas transfers)
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
- You must be 18 years of age for this course (if you are 17 we require a parent or guardian in resort).
- All students are required to secure travel insurance for the duration of their course.
- No previous experience is needed as this course is designed for beginners.
- Check whether you are medically fit to dive, using the Medical statement on this page. Your Statement must be countersigned by a medical doctor or physician before you can be certified as a Divemaster.
- Candidates who have attended Learn Scuba with Flying Fish can skip the first two weeks of our PADI Divemaster Fast-Track or join anyway and use the time to log extra dives.
Lessons begin at 9.30 each day with the option to join in with early morning fitness sessions before the courses starts including SUP, Swim, Mountain bike and Yoga. You will be given Saturday off to explore the stunning local beaches and the island of Lefakada.
Week 1: PADI Open Water Program
This week will take you through all the stages of the PADI modular system in the warm waters or Greece by the end of this week you will be qualified to dive up to 18 meters with a Buddy.
- 5 confined (swimming pool) water dive lessons
- 4 Open Water Dives
- Theoretical knowledge tests
Week 2: PADI Advanced Open Water
The Advanced diving course contains 5 speciality dives to develop your dive experience, after this course you will be qualified to dive up to 30m with a Buddy.
The choice of advanced modules includes:
- Deep Dive
- Underwater navigation
- Night Diving
- Boat Diving
- Search and Recovery
- Wreck Diving
- Peak Performance buoyancy
- Fish Identification
- Underwater Photography
The Learn to Scuba Dive course forms the First two weeks of our Divemaster Fast-Track Course.
If you would like to do 3 sports in 3 weeks including a week of Diving try our Greece Water sports Experience