Recruitment day in Antibes
Our Superyacht Recruitment Day in Antibes is exclusively for graduates of superyacht crew training at Flying Fish.
With a history spanning 40 years, the superyacht industry in Antibes gets bigger and better as each year goes by - bigger in the number of yachts arriving here and bigger in the size of new yachts being built.
After Flying Fish
After completing a Flying Fish superyacht crew course, you will need to know where to go, who to see and how to get employed as quickly as possible.
Our recruitment day helps to do just that. You will also have the chance to register with some of the top crew agencies in the business.
Overview of the day
- Basic history of Antibes and how it became the largest port in Europe
- The superyacht industry and what to expect
- Working hours and rotas
- The yachting life: living and working with the same people, cabin etiquette
- Types of yachts: private and charter, flag states, owners, guests and VIPs
- Ranks and roles on board the yacht and the responsibilities of each position
- Yachting etiquette
- How to present yourself at an interview
- The good, the bad and the ugly of yachting (tales from those who know ....)
- Logistics of the yachts within the ports and names of the quays
- Yachts currently on the International Quay
- Crew houses and where to stay
- Places to eat and drink, yachtie hangouts
- Social etiquette
- The Antibes Yacht Show: the venues, the parties and the people
- Local amenities: banks, hospital, doctor (to get your ENG1 if you haven’t already) uniform, shops, emergency numbers, car rental places
- Names of the leading crew recruitment companies
- Overview of the companies and people you will be meeting for interviews
By the end of the day, you will have a good overview of the superyacht industry in the South of France and the right introductions to help you find your first job.
You are now ready to sign on with captains and crew agents and start dock walking.