Safety, radio, maintenance
We offer a wide range of safety, maintenance and communications courses at our UK training centre in Cowes and our Australia base in Sydney.
Prevention is better
When it comes to safety on board, prevention is better than cure. Good navigation and boat handling are essential, as well as having thorough maintenance systems in place.
Prudent skippers and crew make sure they are up to date with the latest survival, first aid and fire fighting techniques as well as radio procedures in case of an onboard emergency.
- STCW Basic Safety Training – 5 days in Cowes or Sydney
- YA and ISAF Offshore Safety and Sea Survival – 2 days in Sydney
- RYA First Aid – 1 day in Vassiliki (Greece)
- RYA Radar Operator – 1 day in Sydney or Cowes
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 – 2 days in Cowes, Sydney or Vassiliki (Greece)
- YA Start Powerboating Certificate and NSW Boat Licence – 1 day in Sydney
- Basic Yacht Maintenance – 5 days in Cowes
- RYA Diesel Engine – 1 day in Cowes or Sydney
- Outboard Engine Maintenance – 1 day in Sydney
- RYA Radio VHF Short Range Certificate – 1 day in Cowes
- ACMA Marine Radio HF VHF Licence – 1 day in Sydney
Navigation and yachting theory courses
For details of navigation and theory courses in Cowes and Sydney, see our Navigation and theory section.