The Zero to Intermediate Instructor course takes you from low level Windsurfer to Intermediate Instructor in one unique package. The intended outcome of this course is that you will be able to teach harness, footstraps and all levels below. This comprehensive programme provides all of the skills you need, using brand new kit, in the best location in Europe!
The RYA Intermediate Instructor qualification is the pre-requisite to the RYA Windfoil Instructor course.
The Selling Point
All Flying Fish windsurfing training courses are based at Club Vass in Vassiliki, Greece. With such fantastic conditions and brand new equipment, you will improve beyond the level required to become a Start Windsurf Instructor – very soon you will be able to become an Intermediate Instructor.
We fly you to Greece, check you into our accommodation the Fish House , introduce you to the lovely town of Vassiliki and allow you to settle in before training begins the following day.
Our instructors are all professional windsurfers, who are very experienced and passionate about their sport.
Our graduate instructors have such a fantastic time that many don’t come home, instead they spend the rest of the season in Greece working for one of the holiday companies in the beautiful Greek Islands.
- Flying Fish Team Branded Rash Vest.
- All RYA Publications and Certificates.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and Rescue Training.
- RYA First Aid Training with Scenarios.
- RYA Safe and Fun Course.
- RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor Course.
- RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor Course.
- Full tuition up to Advanced level from our highly experienced team.
- Unlimited Kit Hire at CLUB VASSILIKI Windsurfing using brand new boards and sails.
- Fitness training including, SUP, Swim, Yoga and Mountain bike options.
- Mentored work experience in order to get work experience.
Dates & pricing
£750Self-catering accommodation (shared room)
£1,500Self-catering accommodation (own room)
£600Return flights from London (includes overseas transfers)
£580Return Flights from Manchester (includes overseas transfers)
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
You just need to have done enough windsurfing to know that you want to be able to teach it to a high level.
- You need to be 18 Years of age (if you are 17 we require a Parent or Guardian in Resort).
- Before the final week of your course, you will need to join the RYA.
Our schedule has you training 6 days a week. In the mornings, you have the opportunity to join guided mountain bike rides, Stand Up Paddleboarding (SUP), go for a swim, or relax in the club before training begins at 10am each day. After 5pm, you can utilise the unlimited windsurfing opportunity until the sun goes down, or chill at the beach bar with a beer!
Weeks 1 and 2: Learn the Skills
- All the skills and theory required to get you to RYA Intermediate standard.
- Windsurfing upwind and downwind.
- Sail away trips.
- Harnessing in strong winds.
- Video Coaching.
Weeks 3 and 4: Skills Development
- RYA Powerboat and Rescue Training.
- RYA First Aid Training.
- Personal Windsurf tuition from Intermediate to Advanced level.
- Waterstart and Carve Gybe training.
- Sail away trips.
- High wind blasting.
- Optional fitness sessions.
Week 5: Instructor Preparation
- RYA Safety and Fun course.
- Demo Skills (the power of the demo).
- Learning styles and teaching skills.
- Practice presentations, pre course questionnaires and feedback.
- Close quarters board handling and instructor skills.
Week 6: Start Windsurfing Instructor Assessment Week
All students will be given the opportunity to deliver presentations and practical sessions with feedback. After this week, you will be competent delivering all components of the RYA teaching syllabus.
Weeks 7 – 9: Mentored Work Experience
During these weeks you will be gain a minimum of 50 hours teaching windsurfing to real clients on the beach during a mentored work experience programme.
Week 10: RYA Intermediate Windsurfing Instructor Course
During this week, you will learn all of the skills and theory to deliver the RYA Intermediate teaching Syllabus. There will be large amounts of high wind windsurfing, spaced with essential theory and video coaching.
If you are interested in this course but it’s not the one for you, you may like: