Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions. There is always some small print to read but we have done our best to keep ours to a minimum.
When you make a booking with Flying Fish UK Ltd you will be asked to confirm your agreement with these terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
- The person who makes a booking with Flying Fish, whether by phone or online must be 18 years old or over.
- Customers booking a residential training course with Flying Fish in Australia must be 18 years old on the date the course starts.
- Please advise us when booking of any health problems of any member of your party.
- Customers who are 16 and 17 years are able to join shore-based training courses in the UK.
- Customers aged between 16 or 17 years of age joining practical courses must be accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian who will assume Parental responsibility for the duration of the course or event.
- Flying Fish are not able to provide accommodation to customers under 18 years old.
- If you book for another person or persons you are confirming that you have the authority to accept these booking conditions on their behalf.
- When you book with Flying Fish in the UK or pay a deposit in British pounds (GBP) at flyingfishonline.com you are making a contract with Flying Fish UK Ltd to be construed under the laws of England.
- Information submitted by you in an application form or online and by Flying Fish in an acceptance letter or email forms part of our contract.
- Flying Fish Uk ltd acts as an agent for Flying Fish Australia Pty ltd and thus any courses held in Australia are subject to Flying Fish Australia Pty ltd terms and conditions which can be viewed here
- Flying Fish acts as an agent for “Altitude-Futures” and thus any Ski or Snowboard courses and accommodation booked in Verbier are subject to Altitude Futures terms and conditions, which can be viewed here
- Flying Fish reserves the right to make such changes to the advertised programme as are necessary due to unavoidable circumstances.
- You are invited to pay a deposit to secure your booking, a deposit of £250 or £500 as required. A booking deposit for a course or event in Australia is not refundable but will be held for a period of 12 months. Your deposit may be transferred to another courses or event with Flying Fish Australia Pty Ltd. The balance of fees is payable 60 days before your start date for a course booked in Australia.
- A 20% Non-refundable deposit is required to secure a booking for ski or snowboard courses in Verbier through our partner Altitude Futures. All further payments for Ski and snowboard courses are non-refundable
- A booking deposit made for a course or event in the UK or Greece is not refundable but can be moved to a new date with 14 days notice of the start date. The balance of fees is payable 30 days before the start date.
- In the event of your cancellation, the following charges apply. More than 60 days’ notice: Your deposit will be held as a credit for a period of 12 months. 60-30 days’ notice: 50% of the amount invoiced. Less than 30 days’ notice: 100% of the amount invoiced. If you cancel in circumstances where we can replace you on a sold-out course or event, the charge is reduced to 10% of the amount invoiced.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation by Flying Fish, a full refund will be made. Flying Fish will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage.
- You are required to hold medical insurance for the period of your course or event unless your activity is wholly within the UK and you are entitled to unlimited treatment by virtue of UK residence.
- You agree to accept accommodation allocated by Flying Fish.
- Flying Fish trainers will, to the best of their ability, endeavour to ensure you achieve the advertised qualifications but no guarantee is offered in this respect.
- The mileages listed for yachting courses are advertised in good faith but as they are weather dependent they cannot be guaranteed.
- You agree to comply with Flying Fish operating procedures issued for your course or event.
- You agree if required to complete a release of liability form before embarking on an activity organised by Flying Fish or a third party provider.
- All participants and accompanying adults must be in possession of a full British passport of at least six months validity for courses and events outside the UK. We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry correct documentation. If you or any member of your party is not a British citizen or holds a non British passport, you must check passport and visa requirements with the Embassy or Consulate of the country(ies) to or through which you are intending to travel. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results to fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly
- You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party as a result of any negligent or reckless act or default. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be paid direct at the time to the supplier in question. If you fail to do so, you will be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against Flying Fish (together with our own and the other party’s full legal costs) as a result of your actions.
- All Participants are expected to act responsibly. If in our reasonable opinion or that of any other person in authority, you or any member of your party behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, upset or distress to any third party or damage to property, we and/or the service provider concerned are entitled, without prior notice, to terminate the arrangements of the person(s) concerned. In this situation, the person(s) concerned may be required to leave the accommodation and/or their participation in the course or event may be terminated. No refunds will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination.
- Except where otherwise expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions, we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations or those of any service provider is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “force majeure”. “Force majeure” means any event which we or the provider of the service in question could not have reasonably foreseen or avoided. Such events may include war or threat of war, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
- When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive package from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money, to be paid by you, outstanding under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
- If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of, or relating to, the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.