to search, or
to cancel

How can we help?

This search facility will trawl through our site to find you exactly what you’re looking for. Search for courses, paths, blog content or more general information.

To search for jobs, please visit our recruitment section.

How it works

1. Answer a few questions

Visit our registration page to fill out details and pay for the service (just £210). If you have any questions, please give us a call!

2. We'll get in contact with you

We'll get in touch with you to gather all the information we need to make a start on your tax return.

3. We file your self assessment

When the time comes, we complete your tax return – and you can continue enjoying your Superyacht work stress-free.

What is the seafarers self-assessment tax return, and why do you need to do it?

Whatever role you undertake on board a Superyacht – whether that’s a Deckhand, Stewardess, Purser or even Captain – you will be classed as a seafarer. As a seafarer, if you also work outside the UK for a minimum of one year (365 days) and are a UK resident, you will be eligible for a special tax deduction.

This is otherwise known as the Seafarer’s Earnings Deduction, which allows 100% of foreign earnings to be exempt from UK income tax!

However, in order to make the most of this (as well as abiding by HMRC), you will need to complete your self-assessment tax return. This is a form asking questions about you and your personal tax circumstances.

You can learn more about this in our Ultimate Guide to Seafarers Earnings Deduction.

Read the guide

Why should you use a seafarer’s tax specialist, rather than doing it yourself?

Having a job on a Superyacht is hectic. From working insane hours to then socialising with crew members, it’s a work hard, play hard culture. This busy life means that boring admin tasks, such as completing your tax return, often gets completely forgotten about. It can also be a pretty daunting process, too!

Despite the nature of Superyacht jobs, all seafarers must complete their tax return. Penalties for incorrectly completing the tax return, or not doing it at all, can be costly – which is where our registered tax agents at Flying Fish can help!

Tax service for yacht crew & seafarers

No matter how complicated it gets, our seafarer tax service is just £210

Get started