Superyacht Interior Course
This course is suitable if you already hold your STCW Basic Safety Training and are looking for additional knowledge and training on the role of a Steward or Stewardess.
The Steward or Stewardess is on the frontline when it comes to delivering outstanding service to guests and owners. Having a full understanding of your role and the confidence to deliver that unique experience onboard requires special skills and a lot of practice.
This course is suitable if you already hold your STCW Basic Safety Training qualification and are looking for additional knowledge and training on the role of a Steward or Stewardess.
If you are new to the Superyacht Industry, we recommend our two-week Superyacht Steward/ess course.
Career Support Service
As well as practical skills, customers benefit from our bespoke Careers Support Service, which provides mentoring and support to ensure you are ready to start your new career. Our Career Support Service has everything you need from CV guidance to prepare you for life in the Superyacht industry, including:
- A dedicated, personal mentor and coach will be on hand to support and guide you throughout your course.
- One-to-one CV writing sessions; we guide you through writing a yachting CV, provide CV templates, and help you complete your Yachting CV.
- Industry presentation on ‘how to find work’ to prepare you for life onboard, registering with recruitment agents, visas, bank accounts, and more.
- Seafarers tax advice. Flying Fish are registered tax agents, and we can provide expert advice on how to keep on top of your accounts.
- Guidance with covering letters and employer references.
- Interview techniques.
- Monthly meet up’s in Antibes with one of our Flying Fish Mentors.
- Access to our exclusive Flying Fish WhatsApp group, where us and other course graduates share job opportunities.
- Six months of ongoing career support.
Interior course programme
This five-day Interior Course is part of our two-week Superyacht Stewardess Course. You will learn everything about life on board, silver service, Barista training, and arranging flowers. Please see below for the full itinerary.
An Ex-Chief Stewardess delivers the Superyacht Interior Course. She has over ten years of experience in the industry.
Almost all customers choose our accommodation option. Flying Fish crew houses in Cowes are comfortable and centrally located—just a 5-minute walk to the town and our training centre. You can mix and socialise with other people on the course who, like you, will start a career in the Superyacht industry.
Please select the accommodation option below if you want to stay with us.
All crew who want to work on a commercial vessel, including Superyachts, must hold an ENG1 Medical. We recommend you complete the ENG1 Medical before the start of your course, as it confirms you are fit to go to sea. However, it is not a booking condition, so you can book your course without it.
- Superyacht Interior Skills and Certification
- CIEH Food Safety Level 2 (classroom-based course)
- Barista training, wine appreciation, and cocktail mixing courses
- Careers Support Package
- CV Clinic, industry guidance, and mentoring with one of our experts
- Industry preparation with one of our experts
- Antibes career event
- Small student groups for a personal approach and one-to-one time
You must be 18 years old or older to train with Flying Fish.
The course is suitable if you already have your STCW Basic Safety Training qualifications and want to work as a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht.
We recommend you complete your ENG1 before you start your course. You will require STCW Basic Safety Training qualifications before applying for your first job.
During your training on this course, you will cover these subjects:
- Professional aspects of crewing on Superyachts.
- Industry Clinic: the role of the interior crew and life onboard.
- Wine appreciation course at an independent boutique establishment.
- In-house barista training.
- Cocktail training.
- Level 2 food hygiene course run by an industry specialist and restaurateur
- Silver service training run by ex-Superyacht Chief Stew.
- Housekeeping and laundry, including cleaning products and their uses.
- Flower arranging and table set up.
- Mooring protocol, fenders, and lines.
- Suitcase packing.
- Ironing & stain removal workshop.
- Napkin folding.
We appreciate that taking the next step is a big decision, so we have partnered with Ideal4Finance to help you to train for your future career with ease. With no obligation and a quick and simple application process, what have you got to loose?
Flying Fish UK Ltd is an introducer appointed representative of Ideal Sales Solutions Ltd T/A Ideal4Finance. Ideal Sales Solutions is a credit broker and not a lender (FRN 703401). Finance available subject to status. The rate offered is always provisional and will depend upon your personal circumstances, the loan amount and term.
What our previous customers have to say
What an absolute honour and pleasure it was being a part of Flying Fish family for the 2 weeks I completed with them! From the professional, helpful and attentive staff to fun, laughter and memories.
Staff are amazing and so kind! Great course and great accommodation. Lovely location and an all round great friendly atmosphere.
We recommend adding on RYA Powerboat Level 2, a handy qualification if you need to drive the yacht’s tenders