Our Superyacht Stewardess Course provides everything you need to start your career as a Superyacht Stewardess. A fantastic option if you are new to the industry and want to learn all the qualifications to get started.
Flying Fish has been running Stewardess training courses since 2008. We have trained over two thousand crew, most of whom have gone on to have fantastic careers in the Superyacht Industry!
This course is suitable for anybody, male or female, all you need is a desire to work in the Superyacht Industry.
Our Superyacht Stewardess Course is one of the most popular courses we offer. It provides the mandatory STCW Basic Safety Training Course and a whole host of skills and skills required to work as a Stewardess, from Napkin folding to driving a Powerboat!
The course is split into two sections; the first week is the mandatory STCW Basic Safety Training Course, required by all crew who work at sea.
Week two is our Superyacht Interior course. Here, you will learn everything about being a steward/ess, from silver service to flower arranging. Please see below for the full itinerary.
The role of a Stew
As a Superyacht Stew, your primary role is to maintain the Interior of the yacht, as well as service and Laundry. A Superyacht will must a bespoke provide 5* experience to the guests or owners. You are part of a larger team of Officers, Engineers, Chefs, and Deckhands, overseen by the Captain.
You will live onboard the yacht as it travels around the world. Yachts only go to beautiful places. The pay is not bad either! If you’re eager to learn more about the role of a Stewardess, then Becoming a Stewardess.
Our instructors have extensive experience in their field. Your interior instructor spent seven years working as a Chief Stew, has a deep understanding of the Superyacht Industry. Emma, who is also a qualified teacher, will share her experience (and stories) of the industry and will teach you how to become a successful Superyacht stew.
Our Career Support Service
As well as practical skills, customers benefit from our bespoke Careers Support Service, which provides mentoring and support to ensure you are ready to start your new career. Our Career Support Service has everything you need from CV guidance to prepare you for life in the Superyacht industry, including:
- A dedicated, personal mentor and coach will be on hand to support and guide you throughout your course.
- One-to-one CV writing sessions; we guide you through writing a yachting CV, provide CV templates, and help you complete your Yachting CV.
- Industry presentation on ‘how to find work’ to prepare you for life onboard, registering with recruitment agents, visas, bank accounts, and more.
- Seafarers tax advice. Flying Fish are registered tax agents, and we can provide expert advice on how to keep on top of your accounts.
- Guidance with covering letters and employer references.
- Interview techniques.
- Regular meet-ups in Antibes with one of our Flying Fish Mentors.
- Access to our exclusive Flying Fish WhatsApp group, where we and other course graduates share job opportunities.
- Six months of ongoing career support.
Why train with Flying Fish
- Flying Fish limits student numbers to small groups. This means you have the opportunity for one-on-one time with our expert Instructors.
- Hands-on experience.
- We provide shared self-catering accommodation in crew houses 5 minutes from our training centre in Cowes.
- Exclusive Career support service.
Check out what one of our Superyacht Steward/ess graduates, Rosie Jones, says about finding work in the Superyacht industry!
A brief insight.
Almost all customers choose our accommodation option. Flying Fish crew houses in Cowes are comfortable and centrally located—just a 5-minute walk to the town and our training centre. You can mix and socialise with other people on the course who, like you, will start a career in the Superyacht industry.
Please select the accommodation option below if you want to stay with us.
All crew who want to work on a commercial vessel, including Superyachts, must hold an ENG1 Medical. We recommend you complete the ENG1 Medical before the start of your course, as it confirms you are fit to go to sea. However, it is not a booking condition, so you can book your course without it.
- STCW Basic Safety Training
- Superyacht Interior Certificate
- CIEH Food Safety Level 2
- MCA Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD)
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- RYA VHF Radio
- Barista training, wine appreciation, and cocktail mixing course.
- Silver service, housekeeping, Napkin/towel folding, and flower arranging.
- Industry-focused Customer service training.
- Career Support Service
- Small student groups for a personal approach and one-to-one time
You must be 18 years old or older to train with Flying Fish.
The course is suitable for complete beginners or those with experience who are looking to work as a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht.
To work on a Superyacht you will need to complete an ENG1 Medical and we recommend you complete this prior to the start of your course, though this is not essential.
The course is made up of fun, action-packed practical and theory exercises that will gain you certificates essential for putting you ahead of others looking for work in the industry. Here is an overview of the course structure:
Week 1 – STCW Basic Safety Training
STCW Basic Safety Training is a compulsory set of qualification for ALL crew who work on Superyachts. This six-day course is made up of several elements.
Fire Fighting, Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities (PSSR), Personal Survival Techniques, Elementary First Aid, and Security Awareness.
Week 2 – The day job
VHF Radio Operators Course – 1 Day
RYA Radio VHF Short Range Certificate (GMDSS/DSC) teaches you marine radio techniques and emergency procedures. VHF (SRC) exam fee is included in the course cost.
Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD) – 1 Day
PDSD is for crew members required to perform a security-related duty onboard a ship or Superyacht. The one-day, MCA-approved course provides the essential training to enable you to perform your role onboard.
Interior Training – 5 Days
During your training on this course, you will cover these subjects:
- Professional aspects of crewing on Superyachts
- Industry Clinic: the role of the interior crew and life onboard
- Wine appreciation course at an independent boutique establishment
- In-house barista training
- Cocktail training
- Level 2 food hygiene course run by an industry specialist and restaurateur
- Silver service training run by ex-Superyacht Chief Stew.
- Housekeeping and laundry, including cleaning products and their uses
- Flower arranging and table set up
- Mooring protocol, fenders, and lines
- Suitcase packing
- Ironing & stain removal workshop.
- Napkin folding
RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course – 2 Days
This practical on-water course is a legal requirement for crew driving the yacht tenders. The course is great fun, enjoyed by all.
Exclusive Career Support Service
Our Careers Support Service is exclusively for customers enrolled onto our Deck and Steward/ess course. We will guide you through all the details about working on a yacht, from paying tax to bank accounts, salary guides, your role onboard, and how to write a yachting CV.
We appreciate that taking the next step is a big decision, so we have partnered with Ideal4Finance to help you to train for your future career with ease. With no obligation and a quick and simple application process, what have you got to loose?
Flying Fish UK Ltd is an introducer appointed representative of Ideal Sales Solutions Ltd T/A Ideal4Finance. Ideal Sales Solutions is a credit broker and not a lender (FRN 703401). Finance available subject to status. The rate offered is always provisional and will depend upon your personal circumstances, the loan amount and term.
What our previous customers have to say
What an absolute honour and pleasure it was being a part of Flying Fish family for the 2 weeks I completed with them! From the professional, helpful and attentive staff to fun, laughter and memories.
Staff are amazing and so kind! Great course and great accommodation. Lovely location and an all round great friendly atmosphere.
Book Superyacht Stewardess Course today!
Would you like to spread the course fees over time? Consider our finance option. For further information, click here.
Cowes, Isle of Wight
We would recommend supplementing your training with the following courses to further boost your CV and increase your employability.