The Windsurf Instructor Prep and Assessment is designed for confident, intermediate windsurfers who are ready to take part in the RYA instructor course without much preliminary training. At Flying Fish you will develop an imaginative approach to teaching the sport of windsurfing, as well as the theory that underpins it.
The course combines practical training on the water with sessions ashore using a windsurfing simulator.
- Equipment, tuition, publications and certification.
- Stand up paddleboarding.
- Mountain biking.
- RYA Intermediate, Advanced and Advanced-Plus Windsurfing.
- RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor.
- Free online recruitment service.
Dates & pricing
|24/06/2018||16/09/2018||Vassiliki Lefkas Greece||Available|
|09/09/2018||23/09/2018||Vassiliki Lefkas Greece||Available|
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
You have a recognised First Aid certificate and RYA Powerboat Level 2 qualification. You are confident windsurfing in planing conditions. You can also handle a long board and demonstrate your skills in light winds.
If you have less experience or need the First Aid or Powerboat course, search again for a Windsurf Instructor Fast-track.
During the two weeks of this course, you will cover all of these subjects in the training:
- Launching and landing.
- Starting, turning around and sailing.
- Steering and stance.
- Sailing upwind and tacking.
- Sailing downwind and gybing.
- Self rescue.
- Using the windsurfing simulator.
- Delivering theory presentations.
- The RYA Youth Scheme and Team 15.
- Towing and rescue techniques.
- Taster teaching session.
We would recommend supplementing your training with the following courses to further boost your CV and increase your employability.