The Windsurf Instructor Fast-Track is an all-inclusive, four-week Instructor programme, designed for confident windsurfers who can already use a harness in strong winds.
About this course
Our four-week Windsurfing Instructor Fast-Track is designed for confident sailors who are at RYA Intermediate level. You will be able to beach start and sail a shortboard upwind using a harness. An Intermediate sailor would be well on the way to perfecting the non-planing carve gybe. If you would like to spend a couple of weeks perfecting these skills, then do consider joining our Windsurfing Instructor Course.
Why Flying Fish?
This Flying Fish training location is unique. All our Windsurfing courses are run at Club Vass in the beautiful Vassiliki Bay, Greece. You will benefit from the brand new kit that Club Vass buys each year. The equipment is rigged and ready to go so you choose the sail and board you would like and off you go. Club Vass has over 300 boards, sails, paddleboards to choose from, you will get to experience different sail and board combinations to see what works best.
Training in Greece
Our schedule has you training 6 days a week between 10am and 5pm. We also offer optional fitness training twice a week at 8am when you can enjoy mountain biking, SUP, circuits, swimming or yoga. There will be 3 hours of tuition before lunch then the same in the afternoon rounding up with a debrief at 5pm. The equipment is available to use after sessions and in your own time. You will have Saturdays off to enjoy Vassiliki and the stunning Island of Lefkada.
Life off the water is just as exciting as life on it when the sun goes down Vassiliki comes alive, with great dining and socialising in town. The Club Vass and Wildwind BBQs and entertainment shows are legendary and are not to be missed!
If you choose our accommodation option, you’ll be staying in the famously known Fish House in Vassiliki town, close to the bars, restaurants and supermarkets. The Fish House is in the heart of the action and only a 10-minute walk from the training centre, Club Vass.
The Flying Fish Windsurfing and Dinghy Sailing programmes are so well-liked and our customers have such an amazing time that many don’t come home, instead of spending the rest of the season in Greece working for one of the holiday companies in the beautiful Greek Islands.
- RYA Start Windsurf Instructor Course
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and rescue training
- RYA First Aid training with scenarios
- RYA Safe and Fun Course
- Full tuition up to advanced level from our highly experienced team
- Unlimited kit usage at Club Vass using the latest boards and sails
- Fitness training options including swim, SUP, yoga and mountain biking
- Mentored job hunting and access to our online recruitment service
Dates & pricing
|22/08/2021||19/09/2021||Vassiliki, Greece||Fully booked|
Course + Accommodation
Self Catering Accommodation (Shared room)Fully booked. Call us and we can put you on our wait list.
Course + Accommodation
Self Catering Accommodation (Own room)Fully booked. Call us and we can put you on our wait list.
Accommodation is not includedFully booked. Call us and we can put you on our wait list.
£600Return Flight from London (includes overseas transfers)
£580Return Flight from Manchester (includes overseas transfers)
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
- You need to be 18 years of age or older
- Travel insurance is compulsory for all customers booked onto this course
- You will need to be a confident windsurfer, competent at using a harness in strong winds
- You will need to be able to do a beach start, fast tack and a gybe
- Before the final week of your course, you will need to join the RYA
- The main pre-course requirement is just a desire to be on the water!
Windsurfing Instructor Fast Track schedule:
Weeks 1 and 2: Instructor Skills Development
- RYA Powerboat Level 2, rescue training and boat setup
- RYA First Aid Training
- Personal windsurf tuition from intermediate to advanced level
- Sailing upwind on short board using harness and the fast tack
- Water start and carve gybe training
- Sail away trips
- High wind blasting
- Optional fitness sessions
Week 3: Instructor Preparation Week
- RYA Safety and Fun Course
- Theory & practical presentations
- Learning styles, feedback and teaching techniques
- Practice presentations, pre-course questionnaires and feedback
- Afternoon high wind coaching
- Close quarters board handling and instructor skills
Week 4: Start Instructor Assessment Week
The Start Windsurfing Instructors course runs Monday – Thursday with moderation on Friday. There are a maximum of 8 student on this course. All students will be given the opportunity to deliver presentations and practical sessions. You will be assessed on your personal sailing skills, presentation techniques and how you give feedback. After this week you will be competent in delivering all components of the RYA teaching syllabus.
We recommend all Flying Fish graduates join our Instructor Development Programme, two weeks of organised work experience with a Water Sports Centre in Vassiliki.
If you are NOT confident using the harness in strong winds you may want to consider the Windsurfing Instructor Course.
If you want to be able to teach higher levels straight away do our Zero to Intermediate Instructor Course.