There is always some small print to read but we have done our best to keep ours to a minimum.
There are no catches!
When you make a booking with Flying Fish you will be asked to confirm your agreement with these terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions
- If you book for another person or persons you are confirming that you have the authority to accept these booking conditions on their behalf.
- When you book with Flying Fish in the UK or pay a deposit in British pounds (GBP) at flyingfishonline.com you are making a contract with Flying Fish UK Ltd to be construed under the laws of England.
- Information given by you in an application form or online and by Flying Fish in an acceptance letter or email forms part of our contract.
- Flying Fish reserves the right to make such changes to the advertised programme as are necessary due to unavoidable circumstances.
- You are invited to pay a deposit to secure a booking. When the fees are £400 or less you must pay in full. For fees over £400 a deposit of £250 is required. For fees over £5,000 you must pay a deposit of £500.
- When you book yacht charter for a fee greater than £5,000 you must pay a deposit of 10% of the total cost of your booking.
- A booking deposit is not refundable but can be moved to a new date with 70 days notice.
- The balance of fees is payable 70 days before your start date
- In the event of your cancellation the following charges apply. More than 60 days' notice: 20% of the amount invoiced. 60-30 days' notice: 50% of the amount invoiced. Less than 30 days' notice: 100% of the amount invoiced. If you cancel in circumstances where we can replace you on a sold-out course or event, the charge is reduced to 10% of the amount invoiced. If you cancel a course or event paid by pre-paid voucher there is no refund.
- If you postpone to a future date with more than 60 days notice there is no penalty. If you postpone with less than 60 days' notice the following charges apply. 60-30 days' notice: 25% of the amount invoiced. Less than 30 days' notice: 50% of the amount invoiced. If you postpone in circumstances where we can replace you on a sold-out course or event, the charge is reduced to 10% of the amount invoiced. If you postpone a course or event paid by pre-paid voucher the charge is based on the full advertised price.
- If you postpone a second time, it will be treated as a cancellation.
- In the unlikely event of a cancellation by Flying Fish a full refund will be made and Flying Fish will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage.
- You are recommended to take out insurance to cover cancellation due to medical or other unavoidable causes.
- You are required to hold medical insurance for the period of your course or event unless your activity is wholly within the UK and you are entitled to unlimited treatment by virtue of UK residence.
- You agree to accept accommodation allocated by Flying Fish.
- Flying Fish trainers will use their best endeavours to ensure you achieve the advertised qualifications but no guarantee is offered in this respect.
- The mileages listed for yachting courses are advertised in good faith but as they are weather dependent they cannot be guaranteed.
- You agree to comply with Flying Fish operating procedures issued for your course or event.
- You agree if required to complete a release of liability form before embarking on an activity organised by Flying Fish or a third party provider.
- When you buy an ATOL protected flight or flight inclusive package from us you will receive an ATOL Certificate. This lists what is financially protected, where you can get information on what this means for you and who to contact if things go wrong.
- We, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL Certificate, will provide you with the services listed on the ATOL Certificate (or a suitable alternative). In some cases, where neither we nor the supplier are able to do so for reasons of insolvency, an alternative ATOL holder may provide you with the services you have bought or a suitable alternative (at no extra cost to you). You agree to accept that in those circumstances the alternative ATOL holder will perform those obligations and you agree to pay any money outstanding to be paid by you under your contract to that alternative ATOL holder. However, you also agree that in some cases it will not be possible to appoint an alternative ATOL holder, in which case you will be entitled to make a claim under the ATOL scheme (or your credit card issuer where applicable).
- If we, or the suppliers identified on your ATOL certificate, are unable to provide the services listed (or a suitable alternative, through an alternative ATOL holder or otherwise) for reasons of insolvency, the Trustees of the Air Travel Trust may make a payment to (or confer a benefit on) you under the ATOL scheme. You agree that in return for such a payment or benefit you assign absolutely to those Trustees any claims which you have or may have arising out of or relating to the non-provision of the services, including any claim against us, the travel agent (or your credit card issuer where applicable). You also agree that any such claims may be re-assigned to another body, if that other body has paid sums you have claimed under the ATOL scheme.