The Benefits of a Gap Year
In this article we take a closer look at the benefits of a gap year. Taking a gap year between high school/college or even an adult gap year can be really beneficial.
The benefits of taking a gap year extend far beyond the enjoyment of travelling the world. Here at Flying Fish, we have compiled data from a mixture of our students to give you the facts about what a gap year could do for you.
WHY GO ON A GAP YEAR
- Enjoy a once in a lifetime experience and real personal adventure in either water sports or by working on a Superyacht.
- Travel the world and discover new countries.
- Step outside your comfort zone and get a new perspective.
- 88% of gap year takers said that it adds to their employability.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Take a break and returned refreshed and re focused on what you want to do in life.
- Unique experience.
THE 3 HIGHEST RATED OUTCOMES OF GAP YEARS
“A better sense of who I am as a person and what is important to me…”
“Provide me with a brand new set of skills and qualifications…”
“The gap year gave me the opportunity not only to travel to Australia but to gain an amazing qualification…”
Flying Fish have some amazing options for your Gap Year, from 6 weeks in Greece training to become a water sports instructor to 16 weeks in Australia training to become a Yachmaster.