The RYA Windsurfing Instructor course is our most popular Windsurfing course we run at Flying Fish. You will spend six weeks on the beach learning how to become an RYA Windsurfing Instructor at one of Europe’s best training locations using brand new kit and fantastic conditions
Our six week Windsurfing Instructors course is suitable for all ages who share a desire to work outside in the sunshine on the beach teaching something they enjoy doing. It’s a great qualification to get as being an RYA Windsurfing Instructor means you can work on the beach for any RYA centre around the world.
Qualify as an RYA Start Windsurfing Instructor, allows you to teach the RYA Start Windsurfing Scheme at any RYA centre around the world
What makes training with Flying Fish unique is the training location. All our Windsurfing Instructor courses are run in at Club Vass in the beautiful Vassiliki bay, Greece. You will benefit from the brand new kit that Club Vass buy each year. The equipment is rigged and ready to go so you choose what sail and board you would like and off you go. Club Vass have over 300 boards, sails, paddle boards to choose from, you will get to experience different sail and board combinations to see what works best. You will also have the opportunity to join one of the guided mountain bike rides that leave the Club Vass each morning.
A typical training day in Greece:
We start at 08:00 with optional fitness training twice a week such as mountain biking, SUP, Circuits, Swimming or yoga. Normal skills training starts 10:00am everyday. There will be 3 hours of tuition before lunch then the same in the afternoon rounding up with a debrief at 17:00. The equipment is available to use after sessions and in your own time. You train six days a week in Greece, with Saturdays off to enjoy Vasiliki and the stunning Island of Lefkada.
Life off the water is just as exciting as life on it, when the sun goes down Vasiliki comes alive, with great dining and socialising in town. The Club Vass and Wildwind BBQ’s and entertainment shows are not to be missed!
Our accommodation famously known as the Fish House is in Vassiliki town, close to the bars, restaurants and supermarkets. The Fish House is in the heart of the action and only a 10 minute walk from the training centre, Club Vass.
The Flying Fish Windsurfing and Dinghy sailing programmes are so well liked and our customers have such an amazing time that many don’t come home, instead spending the rest of the season in Greece working for one of the holiday companies in the beautiful Greek Islands.
- Flying Fish team branded rash vest
- All RYA publications and certificates
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 and rescue training
- RYA First Aid training with scenarios
- RYA Safe and Fun Course
- Full tuition up to advanced level from our highly experienced team
- Unlimited kit hire at Club Vass using brand new boards and sails
- Fitness training including, SUP, swim, yoga and mountain bike options
Dates & pricing
£900Self-catering accommodation (shared room)
£1,350Self-catering accommodation (own room)
£600Return flights from London (includes overseas transfers)
£580Return flights from Manchester (includes overseas transfers)
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
There are no formal pre-course requirements, just a desire to be on the water!
- You need to be 18 years of age (if you are 17 you we require a parent or guardian in resort)
- Before the final week of your course you will need to join the RYA
Our course schedule:
Weeks 1 and 2: Learn the Skills
- All the skills and theory required to get you to RYA intermediate standard
- Windsurfing upwind and downwind
- Sail away trips
- Harnessing in strong winds
- Video Coaching
Weeks 3 and 4: Skills Development
- RYA powerboat and Rescue training
- RYA First Aid Training
- Personal windsurf tuition from intermediate to Advanced level
- Waterstart and Carve Gybe training
- Sail away trips
- High wind blasting
- Optional fitness sessions
Week 5: Instructor Preparation
- RYA Safety and fun course
- Demo skills (the power of the demo)
- Learning styles and teaching skills
- Practice presentations pre course questionnaires and feedback
- Close quarters board handling and instructor skills
Week 6: Instructor Assessment Week
All students will be given the opportunity to deliver presentations and practical sessions with feedback. After this week you will be competent delivering all components of the RYA teaching syllabus.
We recommend all Flying Fish graduates to join our Instructor Development programme, two weeks of organised work experience with a Watersports Centre in Vassiliki.
If you want to be able to teach higher levels straight away do consider our Beginner to Intermediate Instructor Course.