Our Careers Support Service is a bespoke package available to customers that have enrolled onto our Superyacht Deck, Steward/ess, or Interior programmes.
What is included
Once you have booked a course with Flying Fish, we will contact you to get the ball rolling.
We aim to put you in the best position possible to find a job as a Deckhand, Steward, or Stewardess on a Superyacht. While we can’t be with you after the course has finished, we are at the end of a keyboard or phone to provide ongoing support as you navigate your way to that dream job.
As well as practical skills, customers benefit from our bespoke Careers Support Service, which provides mentoring and support to ensure you are ready to start your new career. The Superyacht Support Service has everything you need and CV guidance to prepare you for life in the Superyacht industry.
The Careers Support Service Includes:
- A dedicated, personal mentor and coach will be on hand to support and guide you throughout your course.
- One-to-one CV writing sessions; we guide you through writing a yachting CV, provide CV templates, and help you complete your Yachting CV.
- Industry presentation on ‘how to find work’ to prepare you for life onboard, registering with recruitment agents, visas, bank accounts, and more.
- Seafarers tax advice. Flying Fish are registered tax agents, and we can provide expert advice on how to keep on top of your accounts.
- Guidance with covering letters and employer references.
- Interview techniques.
- Monthly meet up’s in Antibes with one of our Flying Fish Mentors.
- Access to our exclusive Flying Fish WhatsApp group, where us and other course graduates share job opportunities.
- Six months of ongoing career support.
How the Career Support Service Works
Approximately two weeks before the start of your course, Flying Fish will send you our CV template and provide instructions on how to populate the CV.
When you arrive to start your Superyacht Deck or Steward/ess course, you will be allocated a mentor who will be your point of contact for this Careers Support Service, throughout your time with Flying Fish. Your mentor will discuss your CV and book your one-to-one meeting. During the meeting, we will answer any questions you may have regarding your CV.
What We Don’t Do.
- Your mentor does not write your CV for you. A CV needs to feel authentic; if somebody writes your CV, else it may mislead.
- We do not provide employment, only the tools for you to find your first position.