The Steward or Stewardess are on the frontline when it comes to delivering outstanding service to guests and owners. Having a full understanding of your role and the confidence in delivering that unique experience onboard requires special skills and a lot of practice
This course is suitable if you already hold your STCW Basic Safety Training certificates and are looking for some additional knowledge and training on the role of a Steward or Stewardess
At Flying Fish you will get that practical experience and confidence you need to work as a Steward or Stewardess from one our industry experts who will teach you all you all you need to know about the interior in just one week. Working onboard a luxury yacht requires attention to detail, being able to work as part of a small team or on your own, a specific set of skills that interior crew learn to perfect
This one week Interior course is part of our two-week Superyacht Stewardess course. You will learn everything about life onboard, silver service, how to make good coffee, arrange flowers, organise and deliver a cocktail party.
To work onboard a large yacht you are required to hold your STCW qualifications. If you don’t have your STCW basic safety training certificates yet then consider joining our Superyacht Steward and Stewardess Course.
New for 2018
We now offer the one day Personal Watercraft (Jet-Ski), included within our two-week Superyacht Stewardess course. If your first job is on a smaller yacht then having a PWC qualification will allow you to drive the JetSki’s
- One week Superyacht Essentials course.
- CIEH Level 2 Food and Hygiene course.
- Certification and course notes.
- Recruitment day in Antibes.
Dates & pricing
|15/01/2018||20/01/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|12/02/2018||17/02/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|05/03/2018||10/03/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|09/04/2018||14/04/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|30/04/2018||05/05/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|21/05/2018||26/05/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|11/06/2018||18/06/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|16/07/2018||23/07/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|20/08/2018||27/08/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|10/09/2018||17/09/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|01/10/2018||08/10/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|29/10/2018||05/11/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|26/11/2018||03/12/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
You must be 18 years old before you join the course. The course is suitable if you already have your STCW Basic Safety qualifications who are looking to work as a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht. Flying Fish recommends all customers complete an ENG1 medical. You will require STCW Basic Safety Training Certification before applying for your first job.
Day 1 – Induction day
- An intro to working onboard a Superyacht from our Chief Stew. You will learn terminology, your role as a Steward/ess and the role of others onboard. Crew etiquette, phases of a Superyacht, watch systems, Private or Charter.
- Food and Hygiene course.
- House keeping, laundry, products used, cabin detailing, bed making, turndowns, night service. All takes place at a 5-star luxury hotel.
- Barista and cocktail training.
- Silver service training for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with hands on practice. You will see the different styles of service required onboard.
- Host a cocktail party for VIP guests to put into practice what you have learnt on day 2 and 3.
- Flower arranging, styles and techniques. Toiletries, luggage packing and Buttler style service for guests and owners.
- Wine tasting course to improve your knowledge of wines and spirits and associated foods.
- CV day, we help you prepare your CV, look at contracts, recruitment agents, interview techniques, dock walking and top tips from our industry experts.
- One on one interviews with your instructor to help you prepare for that first interview.
- Food Hygiene foundation course
Optional add-ons to your course
Radio operator – 1 Day
RYA Radio VHF Short Range Certificate (GMDSS/DSC). This one day course teaches you marine radio techniques and emergency procedures.
RYA Powerboat Level 2
The ticket you need to drive a yacht’s tender. We cover this in a two-day course which provides intensive training in the practical skills and theory knowledge needed by the small boat driver.
PWC (JetSki) course
This one day practical, exciting course will teach you all there is to know about the JetSki and how to use the ski safely. JetSkis are often found on luxury yachts and it’t the crews job to know how to use the toys!
Continue your journey to becoming a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht with one of these courses.