The Steward or Stewardess is on the frontline when it comes to delivering outstanding service to guests and owners. Having a full understanding of your role and the confidence in delivering that unique experience onboard requires special skills and a lot of practice.
This course is suitable if you already hold your STCW Basic Safety Training qualification and are looking for some additional knowledge and training on the role of a Steward or Stewardess, such as you would receive on our Superyacht Stewardess course.
At Flying Fish, you will get that practical experience and confidence you need to work as a Steward or Stewardess from one of our industry experts who will teach you all you need to know about the interior in just one week.
Working on-board a luxury yacht requires attention to detail and being able to work as part of a small team or on your own. As a Steward or Stewardess, you will gain a specific set of skills that interior crew will learn to perfect to a very high standard.
This five-day Interior Course is part of our two-week Superyacht Stewardess Course. You will learn everything about life on-board, silver service, how to make good coffee, and flower arranging. Please see below for the full itinerary.
To work on-board a large yacht you are required to hold your STCW qualifications. If you don’t already have your STCW Basic Safety Training certificates, then consider joining our Superyacht Stewardess Course.
Where to stay
If you choose our accommodation option, the Flying Fish crew houses in Cowes are comfortable and centrally located. Just a 2-minute walk to the town and our training centre.
You will be able to mix and socialise with other people on the course who, like you, will be starting a career in the Superyacht industry.
- Superyacht Interior Skills and Certification
- CIEH Food Safety Level 2 (classroom-based course)
- Barista training, wine appreciation, and cocktail mixing courses
- CV/Industry preparation with one of our experts
- Free online recruitment service
- Superyacht Recruitment Event in Antibes
- Small student groups for a personal approach and one-to-one time
Dates & pricing
|03/10/2022||07/10/2022||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Waitlisted, please call +44 1983 280641|
|17/10/2022||21/10/2022||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Waitlisted, please call +44 1983 280641|
|31/10/2022||04/11/2022||Cowes, Isle of Wight||1 space available|
|14/11/2022||18/11/2022||Cowes, Isle of Wight||1 space available|
|28/11/2022||02/12/2022||Cowes, Isle of Wight||1 space available|
|12/12/2022||16/12/2022||Cowes, Isle of Wight||1 space available|
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
You must be 18 years old or older to train with Flying Fish.
The course is suitable if you already have your STCW Basic Safety Training qualifications and are looking to work as a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht. To work on a Superyacht, you will need to complete an ENG1 Medical to say that you are fit to work at sea.
Steward and Stewardess Training – 5 Days
During your training on this course, you will cover these subjects:
- Professional aspects of crewing on Superyachts
- Industry Clinic: the role of the interior crew and life onboard
- Wine appreciation course at an independent boutique establishment
- In house barista training
- Cocktail training
- Level 2 food hygiene course run by an industry specialist and restaurateur
- Silver service training run by ex-Superyacht Chief Stew.
- Housekeeping and laundry including cleaning products and their uses
- Flower arranging and table set up
- Mooring protocol, fenders and lines
- Suitcase packing
- Ironing & stain removal workshop
- Napkin folding
Optional add-ons to your course:
VHF Radio – 1 Day
VHF Short range radio (GMDSS/DSC) teaches you marine radio techniques and emergency procedures. The course includes the £60 exam fee.
RYA Powerboat Level 2 Course – 2 Days
This course is a legal requirement for crew who need to drive the yacht tender. You will be on the water in one of our RIBs focusing on slow speed manoeuvres plus theory knowledge needed to drive the yacht tender.
Continue your journey to becoming a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht with one of these courses.