The Steward or Stewardess are on the frontline when it comes to delivering outstanding service to guests and owners. Having a full understanding of your role and the confidence in delivering that unique experience onboard requires special skills and a lot of practice
At Flying Fish you will get that practical experience and confidence you need to work as a Steward or Stewardess from one our industry experts who will teach you all you all you need to know about the interior in just one week. Working onboard a luxury yacht requires attention to detail, being able to work as part of a small team or on your own, a specific set of skills that interior crew learn to perfect
This one week Interior course is part of our Superyacht Steward/ess course. You will learn everything about life onboard, silver service, how to make good coffee, arrange flowers, organise and deliver a cocktail party.
To work onboard a large yacht you are required to hold your STCW qualifications. If you don’t have your STCW basic safety training certificates yet then consider joining our Superyacht Steward and Stewardess Course.
- One week Superyacht Essentials course.
- CIEH Level 2 Food and Hygiene course.
- Certification and course notes.
- Recruitment day in Antibes.
Dates & pricing
|30/10/2017||04/11/2017||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|27/11/2017||02/12/2017||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|15/01/2018||20/01/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|12/02/2018||17/02/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|05/03/2018||10/03/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|09/04/2018||14/04/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|30/04/2018||05/05/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
|21/05/2018||26/05/2018||Cowes, Isle of Wight||Available|
Pre-requisite experience and qualifications
You must be 18 years old before you join the course. The course is suitable for beginners who are looking to work as a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht. Flying Fish recommends all customers complete an ENG1 medical. You will require STCW Basic Safety Training Certification before applying for your first job.
Day 1 – Induction day
- An intro to working onboard a Superyacht from our Chief Stew. You will learn terminology, your role as a Steward/ess and the role of others onboard. Crew etiquette, phases of a Superyacht, watch systems, Private or Charter.
- Food and Hygiene course.
- House keeping, laundry, products used, cabin detailing, bed making, turndowns, night service. All takes place at a 5-star luxury hotel.
- Barista and cocktail training.
- Silver service training for breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with hands on practice. You will see the different styles of service required onboard.
- Host a cocktail party for VIP guests to put into practice what you have learnt on day 2 and 3.
- Flower arranging, styles and techniques. Toiletries, luggage packing and Buttler style service for guests and owners.
- Wine tasting course to improve your knowledge of wines and spirits and associated foods.
- CV day, we help you prepare your CV, look at contracts, recruitment agents, interview techniques, dock walking and top tips from our industry experts.
- One on one interviews with your instructor to help you prepare for that first interview.
- Food Hygiene foundation course
Continue your journey to becoming a Steward or Stewardess on a Superyacht with one of these courses.